Adding father name to birth certificate

Court judgments can also be submitted that overturn a previous court judgment establishing a father, or a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity form that is found by a court to be in error. Judgments can be accepted from any court in the United States. Reference: Oregon Revised Statutes If the mother was not married during the pregnancy days prior to date of birth, or if husband has been disestablished by court judgment , to add the father we need:.

Having the Father's Name on the Birth Certificate

The Oregon Vital Records office cannot verify whether the record has been amended prior to an order being placed for the birth record. If you cannot confirm with the agency that paternity has been established or disestablished, you will need to place an order for the record.

If the record has not been updated, it can be replaced with an updated record if the amendment is completed within a year of the application for the record. For questions about filing court judgments to establish or disestablish paternity: Email Laura Hunsinger at laura.

Birth, Adoption, Death, Marriage & Divorce

Your browser is out-of-date! Thank you. This information is correct at the time of writing Aug 22, pm. The law in this area is subject to change.

Amend or correct a birth, death, or marriage record

Individuals may print or photocopy information in CCLC publications for their personal use. Professionals, organisations and institutions must obtain permission from the CCLC to print or photocopy our publications in full or in part. While we make every effort to ensure that links to external websites are kept up to date, occasionally a government agency will change its page structure which may lead to broken link.

If you find one, please let us know here. Click here for a directory of technical terms used on this site.

Please see here for more information. We also provide an email advice service on education and family law. To use this service please use the relevant link below. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions thoroughly before using the contact form.

Email advice relating to education law. Email advice relating to family law.

Adding the Father to a Child's Birth Certificate - How to File an Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP)

Enter your email address if you would like a reply:. The information on this form is collected under the authority of Sections 26 c and 27 1 c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to help us assess and respond to your enquiry. Questions about the collection of information can be directed to the Manager of Corporate Web , Government Digital Experience Division. I consent. Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to side navigation Accessibility Statement.

Section Navigation. Birth Registration.

Department of Health | Vital Statistics | Correcting a Vital Record

Changes to a Birth Registration. Registration of Live Birth for Genealogical Research. Birth Certificates.